Move Well Warwick Yoga
There is a small but growing body of research looking at using yoga as a treatment modality in many areas of medicine including musculoskeletal physiotherapy, chronic low back pain and in areas of cardiovascular and respiratory medicine.
Using Yoga to help in the treatment of chronic pain illustrates a consistency with the biopsychosocial model of healthcare in that Yoga addresses both the mind and body. The biopsychosocial model of healthcare suggests the usefulness of
• exercise approaches that address the whole body, taking the focus off the area of pain,
• general core strength, flexibility and biomechanical efficiency,
• the social aspects of group based exercise, which emphasises self management, independence and coping in a normal social environment,
• the integration of relaxation and breath awareness into movement and,
• the integration of cognitive therapies and mindfulness (‘awareness’) into movement therapy that allow people to examine where beliefs about pain and moving may be limiting their function.
Yoga does all of these things and more!
Emily Whiting, Physiotherapist and qualified Yoga teacher, runs small Yoga classes from 6am at Move Well Warwick Physiotherapy. It is essential to book as these classes are very popular. Please ring the clinic on 92433099 to book your spot and start feeling the benefits today.